Since the beginning, the New York Miss Amazing Pageant has been a point of light with statewide impact.
Our mission at Miss Amazing is to provide an opportunity for girls and women with disabilities to build confidence in a supportive and fun environment! We believe that all people should be given the opportunity to reach their full potential, and through Miss Amazing, we hope to give girls and women with disabilities that opportunity. In an atmosphere built around encouragement and support, we believe the Miss Amazing Pageant can bring the individuals together and promote further inclusion for individuals with special needs.
The New York Miss Amazing Pageant was established in 2015, and each year we strive to share this opportunity to more and more individuals! Last year, almost 20 girls and women from all over the state of New York participated in this incredible event, and we hope to welcome many new and familiar participants this upcoming year! Along with promoting skill growth such as sportsmanship, poise, and public speaking, this organization allows for girls to create friendships and memories that will last a lifetime!
- 20 girls and women with disabilities from across the state have participated in our program
- 80 volunteers have given their time to our program
- 175 pounds of canned and boxed food items have been donated to local pantries
- Approximately 200 audience members attend our shows each year
- Several news outlets, including Mic News, have featured the girls and women of Miss Amazing
- Girls and women with disabilities are given a chance to have their time in the spotlight and show audiences how truly amazing they are!
- Miss Amazing promotes further inclusion and acceptance of individuals from all different walks of life!
- Participants are able to gain life skills such as sportsmanship, interview skills, public speaking, and poise.
- Participants are able to take part in pageant festivities, an opportunity they may not otherwise receive.